Alright, let us discuss the different parts of the ethernet frame
- Preamble–> is used for bit synchronization and if you have prepared your thesis are some documents, you use preamble to let signal that something important is coming.
- SFD( Start Frame Delimiter) –> refers to the flag or it indicates the start of the frame.
- Destination and Source Address –> it serves as physical identifier of the host receiver and host sender
- Type/Length –> it is used to identify whether there is or what higher level network protocol is included to the frame
- Data/payload –>Since it includes the highest amount of bytes, it is the most important as it is the data that we are actually transmitting
- Frame Check Sequence —> Hahaha! I remembered my ECE college days. This performs Cyclic Redundancy Checksum–> one of the methods of error detection that uses polynomial logic to check the changes or error in signal